1. Patience: The process of learning effective practice skills aids the child in developing patience.
2. Confidence and poise: Frequent performance helps the child develop confidence and poise that will be useful in dealing with many situations in life.
3. Perserverance and commitment: The demands of piano study teach children to develop a commitment to projects and follow them through to completion.
4. Friendships: Music study provides opportunities for interation with peers to establish new friendships.
5. Coordination: The coordination of both small and large muscles is strengthened through piano playing.
6. Self-respect and satisfaction: As musical skills are developed, students feel a strong sense of satisfaction in their progress and develop a feeling of self-respect that transfers to other situations in life.
7. Creativity and self-expression: Music study provides a forum for communicating feelings and using imagination for creative endeavors.
8. Pride in achievement: Students develop a sense of pride in their abilities through musical achievements.
9. Concentration: The study of piano fosters concentration that can carry over into learning other subjects.
10. Fun and relaxation: Playing piano and listening to music is fun. This skill can provide hours of entertainment and relaxation throughout one's entire life.